Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mega post; summertime and the zoo

I haven't blogged in a while, I know. I have a lot to update on. This post is probably going to take me a while to complete. *cough*
Okay so I've been lazy a bit...sometimes it's difficult to update twice a week! It's much easier to blog when there are interesting things going on in your life [obviously].




School is out for the summer! I am so thrilled for this summer, because besides the fact that I was dying to get away from all that school-related stress, I just want to kick back and have fun for a while. But most importantly, this summer I plan to lose weight. I'm actually not as heavy as I thought I was, which is a good thing! But I have a general goal area in mind, and I have about 10 weeks to do it. I plan on losing at least 7 kilos/14 pounds, but I'll also just see where I feel comfortable.


Now that summer is here, that means it's time to finally get out of the house a bit [on the days where it's not boiling hot outside]! I went to the zoo last Sunday for Father's Day with my parents, and I had a great time. It wasn't that big of a zoo, so we went around the entire place in a little under 3 hours. There were all different kinds of animals there! I took a ton of photos but I don't want to overload this post with too many, so I'll just pick my favorites.
this one is my favorite.
I didn't expect the photo of the wolf to come out that great, but it did! You can't even tell there's glass in the way. 


you think Clydesdale horses are big on TV? they're huge in person! My head barely reached her neck! they're soooo beautiful though, such majestic horses!


I took that picture at the perfect moment, LOL. I think this was a panther. it was giving all of us this total bitchface, kind of like "why are you staring and taking pictures of me?!" Lame joke I know. 


okay animal photo break! I saw these flowers there and just had to take a picture. look at how bright the pastels are! I love it! 


I think I'm done with photos for this entry. There were a lot more but I don't want to stuff this post with them! 


There's a nice self-serve cafe at the zoo, too. I had this yummy pizza and some french fries. I know it's fattening but it's not like they had anything healthy there! I also got some frozen yogurt, and before all that I had a hot dog. yeah I ate a lot. There's this treetop obstacle course there, too, and I really wanted to go on it, but we couldn't find the entrance. maybe next time i'll do it.


Oh, yesterday I finally got my contact lenses in!!! I was so proud of myself. I was able to bring them home. taking them out is a bit of a process, but I find it easier than putting them in. it takes me a while to put the lenses in. but this morning I tried putting one in, and it ripped. :( I have to go back to the eye doctor tomorrow and get another lens. boo.


Next Saturday I'm headed out to a theme park! super excited! the last time I was there was when I was 6, so yeah, it was a very long time ago. I can't wait!