I'm writing this entry feeling super happy on the inside, because I've been selected as one of the winners for the "Kindness - The Movie" project!!
In school today, I was called down during second period to the main office, where one of the ladies told me to check my student e-mail when I got the chance, because it was really happy news. I was already really anxious to see it, because I had no idea what could be so good. So during fifth period, I checked my e-mail and saw a new message from the Kindness - The Movie people. That's when I instantly remembered the movie I had made in my multimedia class last year about kindness, its importance, and spreading it. In my video I focused on homelessness, the elderly, and children all around the world who have poor living conditions.
So I open the e-mail...
And what it said?
.
.
.
.
.
.
"Your video has been selected for an $100 prize, and an Award of Merit. Congratulations!"
I totally freaked out in my seat because I was so thrilled! Seriously, I've never won anything, no matter how much effort I put into it. But I did put effort into this video, and I'm so happy I'm one of the winners! I'm definitely going to save this money for when I need it. This really means a lot to me! I honestly didn't think my video was that good, or that I would win. In fact, I thought I would be waaaay out of the running. This was such a nice surprise! I'm quite proud of myself, and this helps me to believe that if I just try, I can succeed.