Saturday, June 16, 2012

Reunion...and cupcakes

I went to a little family reunion today. It was my mom and her sister, along with their father, my mom's sister's (aunt) mother, and a girl they used to play with when they were kids before they were split up. Prior to today, the last time my mother had seen her father was 3 years ago, and before that, over 35 years. Oh, and my mom's brother was there, too. I played piano for my 'grandfather'. I think he liked it. It wasn't easy talking to him, though, so I mostly stayed quiet.


I decided to dress up nice for the occasion, and here's a little photo I took.
nice makeup, ah? i finally pulled off a cateye. finally!
It was a little uncomfortable for me, because I don't really know any of the people on my mom's side of the family. But they're definitely great people, and the food was good, too!  I only had the chicken (which was surprisingly store-bought...), but it was damn tasty. I watched soccer with my aunt's husband for a little while, too. That was fun.


After all that, we went to a wonderful bakery called Crumbs Bake Shop. If you've never been to the place, I highly highly highly recommend it! They have the most delicious cupcakes you've ever had, and I feel bad for you if you haven't had one. LOL. I got red velvet and a cupcake called "Good Boy" (I think that was the name). 
you should be jealous. it's okay.
The Good Boy cupcake was a yellow cupcake with a rainbow sprinkle/frosting shell and buttercream frosting and frosting in the middle along with rainbow melted sprinkled all through the cupcake. Major damn yum. And the red velvet...it's a bestseller for a reason! Just look up the place, you'll love it.
look at it! 
Also, I've decided to stop tagging my posts. I just think it's a bit pointless. I'll probably go back and delete the labels.