Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Review : City Hunter

I just finished watching the last episode of City Hunter almost an hour ago, and man was it awesome! Now that I'm finally done with the series, I feel like I must write a review about it, because maybe 10 years from now I'll look back on this and remember and want to watch it again.


Okay, let's try and make this all professional looking, ya?
Main Cast : 
Lee Min Ho as Lee Yoon Sung
Park Min Young as Kim Nana
Kim Sang Joong as Lee Jin Pyo/Steve Lee
Lee Joon Hyuk as Kim Young Joo

Even though the plot is a bit long, I'll try to squish is as best as possible. In short, a man [Lee Jin Pyo], who was the sole survivor of an attack by their own country in 1983, takes his friend's son [Lee Yoon Sung] and raises him as his own. When Yoonsung turns 28 and the two move back to South Korea, Jinpyo makes it clear that he wants Yoonsung to carry out revenge against the 5 men responsible for the attack against him and his fellow soldiers. Yoonsung gets a job at the Blue House, and there he meets Kim Nana, a girl who he ends up falling in love with, but knows that because of his real mission, he would be putting her in danger. 
Enter Kim Young Joo, a prosecutor who ends up taking on the City Hunter case. [The 'City Hunter case' being the people Yoonsung delivers to the police as corrupt, though his identity as the City Hunter remains a secret.] I'll leave it at that, because the rest you should see for yourself!

Personal rating: 5/5 

Wow, was this drama good. And I mean so good that it had me laughing and crying and my heart pounding in almost every episode. It keeps you on the edge of your seat, and the plot is very dynamic and multifaceted, which keeps you watching until the end. The plot goes way deeper than how I described it. The acting was absolutely phenomenal, and never disappointed me. Not once did I consider dropping this show because I was bored or it got boring. This show had me interested from episode 1 to episode 20. I really can't think of any complaints to make. I would definitely watch this again!

This show definitely goes down on my list as one of the best, if not the best drama of 2011. [Kind of like how Coffee Prince was the best of 2007, and Boys Over Flowers and You're Beautiful being the top of 2009.] 

No comments: