Sunday, May 6, 2012

Dance Showcase (from 4/21/12)


So the dance showcase was last night, and it was amazing. Truthfully, it was one of the best nights of my life!
Jen Chen (one of the girls in our team) brought us Chinese food during practice, which was delicious by the way *u*
But we practiced until 6:30, as the show started at 7. By then, our audience and other crews who were in the show were arriving.
We opened for the show, with just a little intro dance, which unfortunately got kinda messed up because the music wasn’t started at the right time. -.- But before all that we were watching the other crews practice, and we were just floored. They were allamazing. Even Xavier (guy from our crew) was like “Excuse me while I go quit now :U” because we honestly felt really amateur compared to the other teams. But I think we all did a great job. ^_^
What I loved was that there was no ego battles or anything going on. We all cheered each other on and whatnot. :3 At the end, we all had a freestyle bit, which was pretty fun. I only went in once because I completely embarrassed myself when I went in, so I didn’t go in again. :U
The other crews had a lot of Asians in them, heehee. They were all amazing :P There was a tall, skinny, super gorgeous one (*swoon*) that was doing the spider and all kinds of crazy contortionist moves during the freestyle bit. He was wonderful! There was also an Irish dance team, and they were so cute!The oldest girl looked to be about 17, while the others were mostly little girls, and then there was the instructor performing with them. They. Were. So. Cute! I’ve always loved Irish dancing, it’s so nice. n_n Then there was this incredible step team, too. They were just plain amazing:hysterical In total, there were 5 other crews that came to the show and performed.
I only got a bit embarrassed because my godsister Arianna and my godbrother Daniel came up on stage, and while I didn’t mind Daniel being up there, I did mind Arianna. She was running around and hiding behind me and all kinds of shit. :U
My parents, godparents, Arianna, Daniel and I all went out for pizza afterwards. All in all it was a very, very fun night. ^.^
After being a part of that experience, I really want to continue dancing, and pursue it seriously. I think NYU has a dance program at Tisch, but I know it won’t be easy to get into. If I keep with this, though, I know I’ll be able to do it!